Bob's Red Mill Golden Masa Harina Corn Flour
Masa, the Spanish word for dough
It is made with hominy, or dried corn kernels that have been cooked and soaked in lime water, which is ground into masa. Masa harina is flour made from dried masa. The nixtamalization process (soaking in lime water) was developed in Mesoamerica thousands of years ago. It loosens the hulls from the kernel and softens the corn for grinding by breaking down the glue-like component called hemicellulose. This process also changes the structure of the corn, freeing the nutritionally rich niacin so that it can be easily absorbed into the digestive track.
Masa harina is most commonly used to make tortillas...but it is also featured in other delicious dishes including tamales, pupusas, and arepas.
About Bob's Red Mill
Founded in 1978 by Bob Moore (the man whose picture is on every package!), Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods is a leader in nutritious, organic, gluten-free and stone ground foods. Their mission to promote whole grains for every meal of the day is backed by a diverse line featuring hundreds of products including whole grains, flours, cereals, baking mixes, beans, seeds and more. With a dedicated gluten-free manufacturing facility, strict quality control protocols and an in-house gluten testing laboratory, Bob’s Red Mill is a trusted source for safe gluten-free products. Bob’s Red Mill is based in Milwaukie, Oregon and is proud to be an employee-owned company.
- Free Standard Shipping on All Items in Store in Continental USA.
- Most items ship within 2 days via Fedex, UPS or USPS, however some items require longer handling times and these may take up to 7 days to ship.
- Oversized items that require shipping on pallets will normally ship within 4 to 5 days.
- Expedited Shipping is available via Fedex
- You may select the method preferred and cost for shipping will be displayed during the Order Placement Process and will be added to the total amount charged.
- Some items are not eligible for expedited shipping and will not be displayed.